Subscriber Services
Weather

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cold and rainy is fine by me

Our friendly forecasters are now telling us to expect a colder and wetter winter. Well, hallelujah. Last winter my grass turned the color of a cake crust and I wore a sweater once or twice. I think we need breaks from the heat, and if that means a little rain, so be it.
I've lived here all my life and I often talk about the weather to other old-timers. We seem to agree on one thing: It's been hotter lately. This despite the fact that most of us grew up without air conditioning.
Global warming or too much air conditioning?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to me that it may be a little of both....when we were younger, we tolerated heat much better because we had aclimated to it -- now, we don't have to aclimate. Just turn on the old AC.

To find out if we are truly in global warming, we need to look at the temperatures through the years and track to see if the average is now hotter than before. You would need to go back several years to get a good look at any trend.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home