Subscriber Services
Weather

Monday, October 16, 2006

Big Brother is watching

We take our privacy for granted, but here's a story about how that wonderful thing called technology is making my life -- your life, too -- an open book. Like many people I know, I have several loyal customer cards. I'm getting cash back, mileage back and funds for college, but it sounds like the merchants are getting much more than money in return. They're getting vital information about where I go, what I do, how I shop, when I'm reading, etc. etc.
It's scary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so very much like the science fiction stories that I read when I was young, except this is science fact....

Amazing!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once new a man that cashed his paychecks at the store, paid all his bills in cash or money orders
and didn't file a tax return for the 20 years I new him. He lived
totally underground. This was 20
years ago and I don't think he is still around but he was worried
about it back then. He graduated
the eighth grade and worked in
construction but knew he didn't
want to be in the "system" . He
lived a very good simple life as
far as I could see.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home