Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, October 19, 2006

It's not the kids; it's the adults

My youngest son plays in a travel league baseball team. Last night his team played against one that we had faced before and made a miraculous comeback in the 6th inning, winning 10-8. One of the adults from the other team -- an older man -- began ranting, cursing and otherwise being an idiot as soon as my son's team took the lead. After the game, he kept berating the umpires, two guys who make a pittance per game. The kids all watched.
And we call him a grownup...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

I remember when my husband used to coach little league. He thought we should have try outs for the adults not the kids. Coaching the kids was great, dealing with the parents was the hassle. Now that my children are in high school, I see it there too. I wonder if those parents that track and complain about their child's playing time are as involved/interestd in their child's classroom participation or what they got on a test/quiz. I wonder how our (society's) priorities got so skewed.

Did you hear about the school in Mass. that banned tag and all other unsupervised sports from the playground and recess? It's not even ok for us to let out kids fall down and pick themselves up anymore.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home