Subscriber Services
Weather

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just in time for Halloween...

...the weather is turning wonderful. I love the first cold (cool?) snap because it brings so much promise of relief from the insufferable heat. I wish Miami had this weather year-round, with maybe one real hot month -- say, July, -- before school starts.
I've lived here most of my life and remember a time when most houses didn't have air conditioning. In fact, I remember when my parents bought a room air conditioner unit and what a big event that was. Now, even with sometimes frosty indoor temperatures, it seems hotter than ever and summer temperatures appear to last longer into the fall than 20 -30 years ago.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can't stand the heat - don't live in the Subtropics!!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog made me smile. I too remember when my parents bought their first window shaker. What a treat when all of us kids were allowed to pile on to their king size bed and watch the color tv in the "cold room". I guess they got tired of our visits because they quickly added another one and a door at the end of the hallway so we could close off the bedrooms and sleep in our own cooler rooms. I so wanted to open my windows and give the house a good airing out yesterday, but fear kept me from opening all but the smallest kitchen window and every noise out back made me go look. Oh how I long for the wonder years.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home