Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Serve me up some Slurpee

Hip hip hurray for 7-11. The company cut its ties to Citgo, the Venezuelan government-owned oil company, in protest (and fear) over Prez Hugo Chavez's comments at the UN over Prez Bush. I'm no fan of George W., but Chavez's comments -- Bush was the devil and he smelled of sulphur etc -- were way out of line. He overestimated himself and his oil power. I guess he figured we're so dependent on the black gold that we wouldn't blink an eye and keep filling up our tanks on Citgo.
Soon after his comments were aired on the news I told my husband I wasn't going to visit anymore Citgo stations even though they tend to be ones offering the cheaper gas around our neighborhood. Well, now the folks that made convenience shopping part of Americana beat me to the punch.
How about a Slurpee?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you! No more Citgo for me!!!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home