Subscriber Services
Weather

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Is this it, Ernie?

Is this it? I write from the tomblike conditions of my home where I can hear the wind occasionally pounding the shutters, but nothing much more. I think I slept through Tropical Storm Ernesto.
Apparently Ernie was more bark than bite -- thank God -- and everybody has heaved a sigh of relief, at least for now. We've dodged another one. After last year, the last thing we needed was more storm damage. Too many of our neighbors still have blue tarps.
I'm one of the lucky people with a new roof. That said, we had major leaks in our foyer and our trash cans are serving as buckets. I'm wondering how many others discovered problems in their repairs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son says that Ernesto was the perfect hurricane -- just enough to get out of school but not enough to do any real harm. I agree. They should all be like this!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home