Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Little boy perfume

My two younger sons are no longer so little -- at 15 and 13, they wear men's sizes -- and along with their growth have come other changes. They smell. I don't mean to embarrass them, but when I pick them up after football and baseball practices, the whiff of B.O. is enough to kill the mosquitoes the latest showers have spawned.
I've talked to my friends who have sons and they confirm that the after-sports odor of their boys is enough to fell flora and fauna. We joke that we should bottle this eau and ship it to Afghanistan in hopes it might contaminate the caves where Osama is hiding. It's that powerful.
Last night, working late, I asked my daughter to do the afternoon commute between practices. She stumbled back into the house, gasping. "I couldn't breathe," she sputtered.
Thank God for showers and deodorent.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deodorant

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At one time, their breath smelled very sweet too -- baby breath.

I am sure that, if they are like MY 13-year-old, they can wake the dead with their morning greetings.

All good things must end -- and, as you might have noticed, the boys you're raising are starting their transition into manhood. Thank God for that - and all the pharmaceuticals that keep the odors under control.

9:58 AM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:53 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

I hate to break it to ya, but it doesn't end after teenhood. See:

http://sarcasticynic.blogspot.com
/2006/04/men-stink.html

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home