Subscriber Services
Weather

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The planets are aligned...or maybe not

So...it seems that everything we learned in school -- that bit about 9 planets -- is not true. Astronomers are set to welcome three new planets to the club, one of them so recently discovered that it still hasn't been named. To think of all the time I spent helping my older kids build models of the planetary system with styrofoam balls. Wrong, all wrong!!
I do see an opportunity in this astronomical discovery, however. I think the astronomers association should sponsor a naming contest for that third unnamed celestial body. The highest bidder wins, and the money raised can be used to fund science education on this planet.
I also have a question: How does that discovery affect our astrological predictions?