Subscriber Services
Weather

Monday, October 22, 2007

How painful is this?

Midway through the second quarter of yesterday's Miami Dolphins' whooping, I walked away from the TV and headed to the blazing heat outside,where I began to thin out the overgrown patch of bromeliads. It was more painful to watch the Dolphins than it was to get pricked by the plants.
Does anyone remember the Fins' perfect season so many eons ago? I was in high school then and it was something to behold. Really brought the community together: we had something to be proud of.
Dare I speak the unmentionable -- that our team reflects the state of our community? Or, am I exaggerating?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're exagerating.

Don't read too much into the Dolphin situation. Teams go through these things and then they rebuild and go on.

Maybe the lesson to be learned here is that we support our team - win or lose.

Miami has a horrible reputation as fans --- if the teams aren't winning or ranked - then the fans are no where to be found.

Let the team win (like the World Series or the NBA Championship) and the streets are jammed with dancers.

This too shall pass - I support the team - I will root for them no matter what. It's our team!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home