Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post Valentine reality: How to celebrate true love

Hubby and I didn't do much for Valentine's. We exchanged cards; he presented me with roses. Even that was a big thing for us.
I think our behavior is rare. Plenty of people I know went out to fancy dinners. Some received jewelry. One of my sons is flying home early for the long weekend to be with his girlfriend. All very sweet.I want something different.
Not to be a party pooper, but I'm the kind of person who likes expressions of love to be less commercial and more regular. In other words, cook for me, wash the dishes, help out at home -- and do it daily.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. It makes no sense to make a big deal of Valentine's Day if you are not loving the rest of the year.

BUT, if you have a loving relationship, it's nice to have a romantic dinner for 2 and some special time to remind you of why you got together to begin with...

I don't know about you, but in the day to day routine and all the obligations we have, it's hard to make the time for a little romance. Yes, we tell each other that "I love you" several times a day and we are considerate of each other and helpful. It is still nice to take a TIME OUT of the regular routine and focus on the romance.

It doesn't have to be only for Valentine's Day -- it can be every other Thursday. But, it is great if you can make it happen.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home