Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Take a pill in the morning...

...and shed off the pounds. At least that's what a drugmaker is saying with a new over the counter pill that stops your body from absorbing fat.
I'm sure this will be a welcomed help for the many people who have dieted and not done as well as they wished over time. Yet I'm wondering if an OTC drug like this will be abused by the thin-obsessed among us, people who have only a few pounds to lose but don't want to hassle with the sacrifice of going hungry. Then again, your body, your health, and no business of mine, right?
I'm of the belief that less (drugs) is better, that letting the body fend for itself ultimately helps me become stronger, but I suppose that's outdated in a world where drugs are prime-time ad stars.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite frankly, I am not all that interested in losing weight - but if they could only make a pill that would clean the house, do the laundry, the dishes....NOW, you're talking!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home