Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, February 23, 2007

Give me obscurity any day

I like my life normal and obscure. Let me worry about the simple things: my mortgage, the kids' colds, the ridiculous FCAT. These are everyday concerns that you and I have.
Maybe people like Brit Spears, Whitney Houston, Paris Hilton and the late Anna Nicole Smith should have had more of that. Fame -- and the pursuit of it -- is slowly destroying them. Read the latest on La Spears as she goes bonkers shaving her head, checking in and out of rehab and bludgeoning an SUV with her umbrella. A sorry saga.
Know that saying about absolute power corrupting absolutely? Surely too much fame corrupts too much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

Britney Spears was once a cute girl with good dance skills, although not a strong voice.

She never enjoyed a normal life. Fame kept her from developing as a normal and mature human being.

The head-shaving was not some crazy stunt -- it was her way of avoiding drug testing.

Dumb like a fox.

The "treatment" is also a ploy to try to keep her children. No one can seriously believe that she is ernest in her desire to stop abusing alchohol and drugs.

Ana Nicole was alone in the end, except for the "cling ons" that she kept around her. That Stern fellow - was a major user and kept her doped for his own purposes.

Fame attracts all these people - Like ants to a picnic OR vultures to a kill!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like living my life in a quiet way -- no hype, no fame.

There might be some sad psychological reason for why some people SEEK out fame and noteriety.

If so, it makes sense that so many of them have such horribly warped lives.

Who knows!?!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home