Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, November 17, 2006

Class trips: Why you need to be young to take them

I dropped off my 15-year-old at school at 4:30 a.m. today. He and his classmates were headed for a class trip to Epcot. They will return after 10:30 p.m. He was sooo excited.
I, on the other hand, was exhausted just thinking about the long hours. My idea of a fun trip is something more sedate and quiet, with a little history and culture thrown in -- and preferably not on a bus with dozens of teenagers. Is this a sign of maturity or aging?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are going through this with our kids and I like to think that I'm
not getting that old.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that I would mind the trip itself, but I don't know if I am still up to sitting in a bus, filled with teenagers for 4 hours (each way!). I have done that more times than I would like to remember....

The good thing about it is that the trip back is way more peaceful than the trip up.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to this and I admire the moms and dads that do it all the time.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home