Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The not-so-friendly skies

I remember when hopping on an airplane was an exciting thing to do. Now I think of it as a necessary evil to get me to where I need to go. News that flights from London to the U.S. had been cancelled and delayed as U.K. police thwarted a bombing plot was yet one reminder of how our world has changed. No liquids in the cabin, the new edict proclaims. Does this mean my perfume, my foundation, my Gatorade?
We may be winning the war on terror, sending al-Qaeda into the hinterlands of Afghanistan and Pakistan, but once again the terrorists have triumphed in a quotidian skirmish. Once again they have changed the way we live our lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put your perfume and make up in your luggage and drink your Gatorade. This is just a small inconvenience.

The trick to this is that we do not stop flying or living our lives -- if we did THAT - the bad guys would win.

That we adapt to new requirements for security sake is not the same as being beaten.

We go on with our lives -- that is what will bother the terrorists the most. Life goes on --

God bless America!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home