Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A pleasant surprise

After a long day at school, my 17-year-old amazed me with his industriousness. I'm not sure what happened at school or at football practice, but he bolted for the computer as soon as he came home and started signing up for SAT subject tests. All of a sudden he has decided that he wants to apply to the top colleges in the country and SAT subject tests are a requirement. For months I've been asking him about his college plans and if there were any additional tests he needed to take. Now -- enlightment.
This from a kid who seemed to meandering through his junior year in high school, without purpose or ambition.
Life is full of pleasant surprises.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider him lucky. I know people that never woke up until they were in their 30's....he's ahead of the game!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben!!!!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home