Subscriber Services
Weather

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Staying true

Revelations about infidelity continue in New York. The new gov said that he actually had more than that one affair he admitted to earlier. He has had several, including one with a state employee. Yep, he's been busy.
His admission is a good thing, I think, because it stops the media frenzy and allows him to do what he has been elected to do: run the state. However, I find it troublesome that he -- and so many others in power -- take their marriage vows so lightly. Are they a reflection of the rest of us? Sure hope not.
A story on the Today Show this morning said that as many as 25 percent of all marriages eventually deal with adultery.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my first marriage, I had to deal with a cheating spouse. Unfortunately, that was NOT his worst fault and I decided to cut my losses and kick his butt out the door.

That turned out to be a great decision.

In my current marriage, I have not yet (after 20 years) had to deal with that topic and I hope that I never do. This man is my partner, friend and love. If he did stray, it would be way more complicated. I would not be as eager to get his butt out of my door.

I would hope that we could work on it and try to save our family.

I think the same would apply if I were the one to cheat. I would hope that he would value the good things we have built and work with me to save our family.

This is not unique to our generation - many men of my father's and grandfather's era kept a mistress. Many times the wives would be aware and never make a big deal.

I don't know what to tell you -- I just don't understand one thing -- where do they get all the energy???

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home