Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, December 14, 2007

The December Dilemma

Approaching the midway mark of December, and I'm already exhausted from the parties. It's not even Christmas, either.
This morning when I slammed shut the 5 a.m. alarm, I turned over and told my husband, "I'm getting too old to do this." This being the round of seasonal festivities. Every weekend we have a minimum of two or three parties, then several commitments during the week. What should be a jolly-holly time has become a drag-myself-to-the next-place month.
I either learn to say no or turn into the Grinch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please stop your complaining of having to attend so many parties. There are some of us who are not invited to parties, and for whom these holidays are a pit of depression remembering our loved ones who passed away! So quityerbitching!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog made me so sad.

The next time you "slam on your alarm," ask yourself this question: How would you feel if you weren't obligated to attend any parties at all because you were serving our country in Iraq?

Put things in perspective, please, and be thankful for what you have, as many aren't so lucky.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home