Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, August 24, 2007

Where is Solomon when you need him?

The custody saga of a 4-year-old Cuban girl continues, now pitting the foster father, a well-known Coral Gables businessman, with the biological father, a farmer/fisherman from a little town on the island.
I have no doubt her life, materially, would be much better here in the U.S. Yet if I were the judge, I would grant custody to the biological father. We cannot go down the slippery slope of keeping children out of loving biological homes simply because biological parents cannot provide plenty for them. Only the rich would have children then.
What a hearbreaker this is! Obviously the toddler has bonded with her foster family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you on this, Mrs. Suarez. I'm very bothered to see the same arrogance that was displayed during the Elian Gonzalez affair rear its head again. I sympathize greatly with the father and I'm bothered by the demeanor of Joe Cubas. Obviously, he has never had a biological child taken away from him...for if he did go through that, he'd be equally enraged that a foreign nation may consider stripping him of parental rights simply on the basis that his home country is not acceptable to the foreign judge.

The father wants the kid. The mother wants the biological father to have the kid. He's medically fit. What else is there to discuss. I only hope justice is made in this case.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home