Subscriber Services
Weather

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What do we REALLY know about global warming?

Remember the dire predictions telling us that global warming might increase the chances of killer hurricanes? Now some scientists believe it may have the opposite effect by creating factors that can shear a storm our of existence.
Some scientific discussions remind me of the ongoing debate about what is good for you to eat and what isn't. Margarine or butter? Red wine? Coffee?
I'm constantly reminded how little I know -- and how ignorance isn't necessarily bliss.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oil and over population may very well be the only notable players in all this global warming dilema. But one thing is for certain, there is not enough technology to provide even an exact 24 hour weather forecast to date. I know these scientists worked hard to get where they are but, their inconclusive research is one way they earn income.

Other than that, my opinion is that this research is a what IF scanario and I will remaina strong beleiver of fluxtuating weather for both the short and long term as it currently stands.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home