Subscriber Services
Weather

Monday, March 05, 2007

The yo-yo pricing of gasoline

If you drive a car, you've probably noticed the climb of gas prices just in time for spring vacations. There are all kinds of explanations from the oil producers, but it strikes me as supremely strange that the cost at the gas pump seems to rise in direct correlation with traditional vacation time, when many people take to their cars to drive long distances.
I will be in the market for a new car in a couple of months, when my 22-year-old graduates and takes over my 1998 Toyota Avalon with 135,000 miles. The Honda Civic is looking better and better. Small car or no, I think pain at the pump while oil companies make huge profits spells trouble for America.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeup, and my favorite part is how it takes months to decline from $87897489324878 to $2.14 but can climb right back to $87897489324878 in a matter of days over poor excuses.

In the meantime, I drive less and keep waiting for alternative cheaper energy sources to be rolled out.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

When will it end? I thought Bush was demanding we get some relief. hows how much the government really listens to him.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home