Subscriber Services
Weather

Monday, January 08, 2007

Back from vacation...

...and not quite ready to work.
I've been off for two weeks and now am back in the saddle. Must admit that I was looking forward to the routine of everybody being where they're supposed to be without me having to worry about three meals a day. But I didn't miss the rush-rush-rush of daily life, that relentless push-pull of a hectic schedule.
I've just spent an hour answering email and have barely made a dent.
After almost 30 years of taking vacations from work, I've come to the conclusion that the hardest part is leaving -- getting everything in order -- and returning -- when the tsunami of catch-up awaits.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Dummy said...

Yes, vacation is never really vacation - it's often just a means of holding back the inevitable tide of work that awaits!

Found you through James Burnett, btw.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

Vacations are great -- we can disconnect from the routines and schedules. It is good for the soul.

However, it really is hard to get back to the grind -- specially, when we have had a good time off.

Now, we look forward to our next time off -- it looks like this coming weekend is a 3-day weekend!! Not too soon, either.

Happy New Year!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home