Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Miami drivers aren't that bad, really

Drive around the environs of Miami long enough and you'll soon join the chorus that sings a familiar refrain: Miami drivers -- they're the worst!
Well, I'm here to say: Not true. I spent part of my vacation at Jacksonville Beach, which means we drove up the spine of Florida and encountered all kinds of drivers with license plates from around the country but mostly from the Sunshine State. We got cut off. We saw numerous cars blow red lights and roll through stop signs. We witnessed the middle finger and mad weaving in and out of lanes. In short, we saw all kinds of traffic transgressions.
And we weren't in Miami!!! I think this area is not alone in the lack of traffic etiquette.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what you saw were Miami drivers visiting Jacksonville. I just spent 6 weeks in Miami and counted the days to get out of the driving HELL. I moved away from Miami 13 years ago - Miami, besided being a different country in this USA - it is full of uneducated drivers with no common courtesy that don't know how to read their traffic signs and have no clue that in the United States there are rules to obey. Every single morning while heading to work I saw an accient East bound on Flagler and Canal Street near 72nd Avenue. Again, uneducated drivers with no common courtesy for other drivers.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home