Subscriber Services
Weather

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Miami Vice: Nostalgia and fashion

So you weren't invited to the premiere of Miami Vice. Neither was I. No big deal. I was around during the time of the first Miami Vice, and 1980s Miami was a mixed-up kind of place. Too much crime, too much ethnic strife and plenty of growing pains. In other words, the perfect setting for good drama.
The original TV show hung out our dirty laundry for all to see -- but gee, it was done with so much flair. I suppose the new movie will do the same. Does anybody remember the Miami Vice look that was so popular back then? Crockett and Tubbs made pastel colors and pushed-up suit sleeves all the rage. I have photos of male loved ones to prove it, too. These days, however, that "look" simply appears ridiculous, but it does come in handy. When my sons go around with their shorts halfway down their butts and their boxers showing, I bring out old pictures of past fashion fauxes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home