Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The next Da Vinci Code

Every writer friend I know is wondering -- and plotting -- how to write the next The Da Vinci Code. The opening of the movie is front-page news, which will only mean more books sold. And the controversy will be sure to crank up the ka-shing at the checkout counter.
Did Jesus marry Mary Magadelene? Who knows. I personally believe that a Jew of his time would've been married-- religion required it -- by the age of 33, so it's probably not a far-fetched idea. Was it Mary Magdelane? Maybe, maybe not. Were there children from the union? Anyone can speculate at will.
Regardless of the theological battle, however, one thing is certain: Dan Brown is laughing all the way to the bank.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the Da Vinci code for what it was - entertaining reading. My sister in law said she didn't like the book because it tested her faith. I said what?????? A book written as fiction is not going to test my faith and I really think that people are going way overboard with this. It's just a movie the way a cartoon is just a cartoon.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What really amazes me is the reaction of some "religious" people...how different are we from the Islamic extremist???

Listening to the reactions to this work of fiction - makes you see that we are not that different.

This is NOT a good thing.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Do I have to explain the difference between Christians and Islamic "extremists"?

If I do, then you're either delusional, have been living in a cave for the past 20 years...

or a hard-core liberal.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home