Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, November 02, 2007

When good neighbors move away

Our neighbors moved yesterday, and we will miss them plenty. In a city that has lost much of its community flavor, we are lucky to live on a block that everybody pretty much knows everybody else. On vacation? Your neighbor will pick up mail and walk your dogs. Need a cup of sugar? Just knock on the door.
Our neighbors retired to The Villages in Ocala. Miami just got too much for them. Too expensive. Too much traffic. Too too, in other words. We read about people flocking here, but I wonder how many are pulling up stakes and leaving.
The amazing thing is that they sold their house in two days. Two days! Isn't there a housing slump or something?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that the situation has become very common. My closest friend has bought a house in North Carolina. In a couple of years, I will not be seeing much of her (after a lifetime together).

It will be hard to not see her on the weekends - or go for our walks.

I have trouble leaving here (at least at this point) because of my elderly parents, children and grandchildren are all here. I could not leave.

If I could, I would, though. My money would sure go a lot further.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home