Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, November 09, 2007

My vote for the OB and a UM Great

You know it's pretty sad that the venerable Orange Bowl is going to be demolished next year. This town doesn't care about history or tradition. It breaks my heart.
I grew up within walking distance of The Lady. I sold drinks in the stands, watched UM games, took my children there and attended various community events there as well. We've had UM season tickets forever. The first real outfits my brand new twin granddaughters wore were too-big UM cheerleading dresses. Sorry to see The Lady go but plan to buy as much memorabilia as I can afford.
My husband has a theory: The Dolphins haven't done squat since moving north to the "better" stadium. He predicts UM will follow in the Fins' unlucky steps. Not a comforting thought.
Now our esteemed sports commentator -- Greg Cote -- calls for reflection. He wants us to vote for the top UM players. Hubby will probably vote for The Mad Stork because he went to school with him at Hialeah High.
But why isn't Sean Taylor there?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim Otto
First great cane in the hall of fame.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your husband-- I see the canes starting their down-ward spiral! In a few years, people will be like "the canes!?? Huh?!"-- a distant memory! Luckily, we have FIU!
Go FIU!

FIU- The University of the People!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home