Subscriber Services
Weather

Monday, December 04, 2006

College football: a house divided

Like many households in South Florida, we are a house divided when it comes to college football. My husband, an FSU grad, cheers for the 'Noles. My kids root for the UM Hurricanes. Over the years the rivalry has simmered on friendly, but when the two teams meet -- watch out! it's all out verbal jabs and funny tricks. I always cheer for the Canes because that's the team I grew up with, but I can't get into the heated rivalry the way hubby and kids can.
Now another Florida team, UF, will play Ohio State for the national championship, and we're all ready to cheer on the Gators. Can you imagine what Gainesville (namely, The Swamp) will be like on Jan. 8? Anyone who's been up there during a game day knows that's a football crazy town.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I have mine, first page el Nuevo Herald.
mucha dela torre las relaciones

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home