Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rain, rain, go away

...and come back another day, when our roof is fixed.
I'm one of the lucky South Floridians who re-roofed in time for hurricane season. It looked good, those spanking new shingles. And every time I drove around and spotted all those blue tarps, I gave myself a mental pat of congratulations.
Well, not so fast. The roof may be new, but we've got leaks everywhere. My kitchen and foyer have three buckets apiece. The roofer, to his credit, came out to check on the problem immediately, but the weather has prevented him from getting anything fixed.
If this is a result of everyday summer storms, what's going to happen during a hurricane?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cringe whenever I drive by neighborhoods that still are covered in the blue tarps. From what I understand - many of the delays are caused by the insurance companies' reluctance to settle up quickly.

I know of several people that have not had their roof repair work done because they cannot come to an agreement with their insurance company on the costs of the repairs.

The thing is - that if the roofs are not repaired AND another hurricane hits this area, those insurance companies will have to pay out a lot more money.

Idiots.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home