Subscriber Services
Weather

Friday, July 14, 2006

Up, up and away

So gas is inching upwards and it's going to get worse at the pump. Some say people have already started to change their habits -- carpooling, walking, buying more gas-efficient cars.
I don't see it. The parking lot at Publix last night was a canyon of SUVs. There were even two Hummers. (I hate those cars; they're so pretentious and over-the-top.) Nobody walks anywhere in my neighborhood. And as for carpooling, why then is there so much traffic on I-95 and 836 at any hour of the day?
Miami would be the perfect place to live if it weren't for the eternal road congestion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to do something about the gas prices -- and I am not convinced that the supply problems are not artificial. The oil companies have proven themselves (over and over) to be untrustworthy and they take advantage of our dependency.

We are lucky to live in Florida.

The way I see it - we live in paradise - so, for vacations, we can stick around. With very little driving, we can visit the Keys, the West Coast, Daytona, Orlando, and other destinations that people in other States can only dream of visiting.

We LIVE in Miami, a city that has so much stuff to do -- places to see -- and GREAT restaurants.

If we lived in Nebraska or Wisconsin, we would have a big problem.

Where do you go on vacation there???

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home