Subscriber Services
Weather

Monday, March 27, 2006

That &*$%@!! cell phone

Considering what cell phone companies charge us for air time, you would think that cell phones would be more reliable. HA! I'm getting more dropped calls, more empty air and more pockets of no transmission. My 15-year-old son can rarely reach me by phone in the late afternoon when he needs to be picked up from off-season weight training. "Network busy" is the standard bleep he gets. This weekend my husband tried to phone me -- same deal.
I've called my service provider (Cingular) several times to complain and always get some strange suggestion. This last time the service rep told me to turn my phone off for two or three minutes each day to "reset" it. Huh?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, for the amount of money these cell phone companies charge us we shouldnt get dropped calls. they should have a way of giving us back those minutes they charge us for that we lose when they drop our calls

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use my cell phone as my primary phone line (no land line). These dropped calls are driving me nuts! It seems like customers from many of these providers are saying the same thing. So what's the answer: more towers (lovely scenery), more infrastructure, higher prices, the luring of more customers to help pay for everything, and more dropped calls(back to square 1)???

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cingular seems to be the biggest offender. When I try to reach my sister, I can set the clock by the busy signals. Starting at around 5 pm, weekdays, it just seems that Cingular satellites fall off their orbit. I am sure they are saving tons of operational cash by allowing busy, and network unavailable calls each day.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verizon is very good. Clear and hardly any dropped calls.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home