Subscriber Services
Weather

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spritzing the way to manhood

If you ever doubted the ability of Madison Avenue to create a market or change attitudes, read my column today http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/14174983.htm about how my youngest son uses the latest in men's grooming products -- the body spray. A generation ago, I bet no boy his age would've been caught dead spritzing that funny-smelling stuff on their bodies. Now such aerosol cologne/deodorents are the latest chick magnets.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ana- I have never seen a blog before let alone answer one. I am
obviously an old guy,51, out of touch with most of todays dealings.
To ramble for a moment I have read
you for many years,back when you went through your loss and have always felt a bond with you for some reason even though I haven't yet been through that. I have found
that being a parent later in life
to be a very good time,but very
trying at times. My wife and I have
a 13yr old son and a 10yr old daughter and own a small business.
Life is very hectic as with yours
and yet when it comes down to it, it is those children that matter ,
not the rest of all of this. I read
todays article and had to contact you. It mirrors my son and I see a
young man emerging before my eyes.
I have been with my wife since I was 17 and we have had 2 lives, before and after children.Your articles are always good, not
slanted towards any one ethnic group which most of the other writers do, black/hispanic/etc. I am white american so I appreciate a
columnist that writes for everyone,with no agenda.
I have never seen or spoken to my father so I am going through alot of strange feelings watching my boy
grow up and this column hit home.
Sorry I went on for so long and also that I haven't contacted you
before about your work. I will stay
in touch.


Bob

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home