Subscriber Services
Weather

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Who's lining their pockets with my gas money?

I was in a rush yesterday so I didn't have any time to gas my car. Figured I would do just as well to get it this morning.
Big mistake. My friendly neighborhood gas station just pumped up their prices six cents. Overnight! How can that happen?
Worse part: I can't think of any other ready alternatives. I already drive a small, gas-efficient car. I only use it when necessary (usually work) and I combine my errands. Still, I'm spending more and more of my paycheck on getting around.
Meanwhile, I'm constantly regaled by this piece of news: Exxon-Mobil surpassed Wal-mart as the biggest company in the world. It has also made record-breaking profits. And when Congress had its hearing into the matter, nothing happened.
What gives?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our country needs to take a giant step and make goals. In the early 60's JFK made the goal for our country to land a man on the moon by decades end. At the time this was said to be imppossible.
A man walked on the moon earlier than promised.
Our leadership needs to give us a goal to develop reusable, clean fuels. Again the refrain is, this is impossible, it will take too much time.
If we can dream it we should be able to develop it.
SET GOALS AND TIME FRAME, THE EXTRA PROFITS COULD HELP TO PAY FOR RESEARCH, NEW FUELS MEANS NEW PROFITS. IT IS SIMPLE CAPTIALISM.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home