Subscriber Services
Weather

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dieting by any other name

Two friends have started the South Beach Diet. Or maybe it's the Atkins. I get all confused with diets. Besides, whatever the name, it seems to me like the same thing: they're doing without.
I don't think I could do that. Not being allowed to have something would just make me want to crave it more. A reverse psychology of sorts. I know I couldn't give up ice cream, for instance. Or dark chocolate. So instead I try moderation. But that doesn't work. One scoop leads to two, to three. I've also tried "hiding" the good stuff, like putting it on the top shelf of the pantry or behind a row of cans. That doesn't stop me, either.
Solution: I just don't buy temptation.
Which works only until my son's girlfriend sends me a box of Godiva chocolates for Easter!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read your post and tend to lean towards your opinion also, however, there are lots of conflicting opinions online. Do you have any evidence to back this up?Thanks,RD Martinwebmasterhoodia gordonii uk

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home