Subscriber Services
Weather

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What Paris says about us

Paris has been released from jail and will be a guest on Larry King tomorrow night. I don't even bother with last names because Paris is probably the most famous non-entity in the world. I had to turn the news off this morning when the channel I was watching kept rolling the same video of her sashaying out of jail and into her parents' arms. I wanted to keep down my coffee.
Society's values are skewed and media's are no better. Since when is Paris, who has done nothing except hog up perfectly good air, deserve all this attention?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is says about us is that the American media has stopped reporting news and has replaced it with celebrity siting reports.

I know that the war is hard to watch - the economy - global warming - the presidential race - are issues that force us to THINK and make decisions.

All the polls I have seen say that the public does not want to know about Paris, or Rosie O'Donnell, or many other "so called" celebrities. We are sick of hearing about them!

YET, the media (in this case Larry King) will, once again, make a fuss and treat this low life as if she were someone of substance. Paying a lot of money for the priviledge.

Then, the other media outlets will report on the interview the next day. It goes on and on and on....

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quality of our network programing keeps getting worse and worse by the minute. This clown is one of the reasons why I avoid watching sitcoms and other junk TV in the first place. Now the news is producing the same crap. News about a twit and the other twits.

The only bit of TV I watch is news and get to observe how moronic news directors and producers have become in the 21st century. If you ever seen Back to the Future part II, Steven Speilberg hit it right in the nail, a vast majority of people become morons in the future.

The interview with Larry King, I think people that like her might not even watch it. Perhaps the bulk of viewers are going to be people that want to get a laugh, while others nodding with dispair. I'll bet you'll see a ton of Lunesta and other "I have a symptom of normal life" drugs throughout the show.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home